With winter on the way, I am breaking out all the yummy and warm comfort food. Served this along side a rack of ribs, delicious. You could use any 3 cheeses that you prefer.
- 4 C. broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and chopped (reserve 2 Tbsp. grease)
- 1/2 C. club crackers (or any buttery cracker such as Ritz), crushed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 C. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 C. cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 Tbsp. red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 C. Parmesan cheese
- Parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°
Par boil broccoli. Boil a large pot of water and add broccoli. Cook until just green, 2-3 minutes. Remove and submerge in an ice bath, or rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Heat the bacon grease over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 8 minutes, stirring. Add garlic, chili flakes and oregano and cook one minute.
In a large bowl combine all ingredients except for crackers and Parmesan cheese.
In a foil lined baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, spread out the broccoli mixture and cook 10 minutes in the oven. Meanwhile, combine crackers with Parmesan and about 2 tsp. olive oil.
Remove broccoli from oven, top with cracker mix and broil on high until golden brown.
Remove and top with parsley if using. Let cool slightly and serve.