If you haven’t had a fried egg on your burger you haven’t lived.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb. country pork sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- green leaf lettuce
- 1/4 C. bacon bourbon jam, or just some cooked bacon
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- mayonnaise and dijon mustard (optional)
In a large bowl combine beef, pork sausage, garlic, onion powder, Worcestershire, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Form into 4 large patties.
Heat a grill over medium high heat and cook burgers. Evenly distribute the bacon bourbon jam over the top of each burger, then top with a slice of cheese. Continue to cook until cheese is melted. Remove from grill and cover loosly with foil while you toast your buns.
Fry your eggs to over easy.
Assemble burger. Spread mayo over bottom half of bun and mustard over top half. Top bottom bun with lettuce, burger, tomato, and then egg. Finish it all with the avocado and the top bun.