- 5 red potatoes, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 chipotle chilies, minced
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce
- 1/4 C. butter
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 C. chicken broth
- 1/3 C. flour
- 1 1/2 C. half and half
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 C. smoked chicken, shredded
- 2 C. frozen corn
- 2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions, sliced for garnish (optional)
Melt butter over medium high heat. Add onions and both peppers with adobo sauce, saute until soft, 5-6 minutes.
Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
Add flour, cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add chicken broth, whisk until blended.
Add potatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste and boil until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes.
Add chicken, corn, half and half, bacon and heat through.
Add cheese, let it melt and serve hot.
Garnish with green onions if using.