- 8 chicken breasts,boneless, skinless chicken cut into 1-2-inch cubes
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1 C. and 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. shallots, chopped
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 C. honey greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 5-6 basil leaves, chopped
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- fresh mint, garnish
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and seeded, sliced into half moons
- 1 avocado, sliced
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 can coconut milk, cumin, coriander, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili flakes, shallots, curry powder, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper (if using) until smooth.
Add chicken to bag, seal, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
Thread meat onto skewers and set remaining marinade aside.
Heat grill over medium high heat and lightly oil grate.
Pour half of the reserved marinade into a saucepan. Add yogurt, sriracha, 1 Tbsp. coconut milk, and basil leaves. Heat to boiling and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until thickened and set aside.
Grill chicken skewers, turning and basting with remaining (non cooked) marinade until done.
Serve over rice topped with cucumber, avocado, sauce, and mint leaves (if using).