Here is some deliciously addicting comfort food. Serve with crusty bread and a salad for a complete meal.
- 1 Salmon filet, raw and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 C. corn, frozen or fresh
- 1 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 strips bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1 chipotle chili, minced
- 1 1/2-2 Tbsp adobo sauce from chilies
- 1/2 heavy cream
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 C. chicken broth
- 2 C. water
Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions, celery, and red bell pepper and cook until soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
Add garlic, chipotle pepper and sauce, cook about a minute until garlic is fragrant.
Add broth, water, cumin, and sweet potato. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
Take a fork and roughly mash the potatoes in the pot, you still want it to be chunky. Add cream and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Add all but 2 Tbsp. bacon, corn, and salmon, cooking for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with additional bacon and parsley as garnish.