Here’s a great recipe for leftover Turkey from Thanksgiving.
- 12 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 Chipotle pepper, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Adobo sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. Liquid smoke
- 1 C. Shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 6 C. Chicken broth ( or homemade Turkey broth)
- 1 sweet potato chopped
- 2 4oz. Cans green chilies
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 bag frozen corn
- 1 C. Heavy cream
- Chopped green onions and parsley for garnish (optional)
In a large soup pot cook bacon, drain on a paper towel, and reserve the fat.
To the soup pot, over medium high heat, add onion, carrot, and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
Add garlic, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, cumin, and jalapeno. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add broth, sweet potato, chilies, oregano, liquid smoke, and bay leaves and bring to a simmer. Cook until sweet potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
Add turkey and corn until warm, about 5 minutes. Add cream and season with salt and pepper, stirring. Simmer until thickened and then add cheese, stirring until melted. Add bacon and stir.
Garnish with green onions or parsley and serve.