You can serve this hot or cold.
- 2 avocados, divided and cubed
- 1 english cucumber, divided, seeded, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 Tbsp. Spicy bacon bourbon jam (recipe)
- 1/2 C. plain yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 1/3 C. scallions, chopped
- 1/4 C. chopped, fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. cajun seasoning
In a food processor, or blender, add 1 avocado, 1/2 the cucumber, garlic, yogurt, lime juice, jalapeno, scallions, cilantro and salt and pepper, puree until smooth.
Add shrimp to a large ziplock bag and add cajun seasoning, tossing until all shrimp are coated. Cook in a separate skillet until done, 2-3 minutes each side.
If serving cold, add the rest of the ingredients and shrimp,¬†storing in fridge until ready to eat.
If serving warm, heat puree over medium heat until it begins to boil, turn down¬†to low¬†and add the rest of the ingredients, stirring to combine. Cook until heated through and serve with extra bacon jam on top.